The science of genetics deals with the transmission of individual characteristics of both parents to the offspring through the mechanism of heredity. Poultry breeding utilizes genetic principles to accomplish the goals of poultry producers for meat or egg production.
KeywordsHeritability Estimate Hybrid Vigor Poultry Meat Lethal Gene Breeding Company
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Campbell, J. R., and Lasley, J. F. 1969. The Science of Animals That Serve Mankind. McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Hutt, F. B. 1949. Genetics of the Fowl. McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Hutt, F. B., and Rasmussen, B. A. 1982. Animal Genetics, 2nd Edition. John Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Jull, M. A. 1951. Poultry Husbandry. McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Landauer, W. 1973. The Hatchability of Chicken Eggs as Influenced by Environment and Heredity. Storrs Agricultural Experiment Station, The University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT.Google Scholar
- Moreng, R. E., and Avens, J. S. 1985. Poultry Science and Production. Reston and Prentice-Hall, New York.Google Scholar