Progress on Cryogenic Thermocouples
The rapid expansion of low-temperature technology in the last 20 years has created a need for standardized thermocouple calibration tables in the cryogenic temperature range. With the cooperation of ASTM and thermocouple manufacturers throughout the country, an experimental program has been completed recently that will allow establishment of acceptable standard tables for the materials commonly used at low temperatures. These results will be joined smoothly to the existing high-temperature standards at the ice point. This will provide one continuous calibration for each thermocouple, type over its entire temperature range of usefulness.
KeywordsLiquid Hydrogen Copper Block Thermal Voltage Calibration Table Variable Junction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Borelius, W. H. Keesom, C. H. Johansson, and J. O. Linde, Proc. Kon. Akad. Amsterdam, 35 : 10(1932).Google Scholar
- 3.D. I. Finch in: Temperature, Its Measurement and Control in Science and Industry, Vol. 3, Part 2, Reinhold Publishing Corp., New York (1962), p. 3.Google Scholar
- 4.R. L. Powell, L. P. Caywood, Jr., and M. D. Bunch, in: Temperature, Its Measurement and Control in Science and Industry, Vol. 3, Part 2, Reinhold Publishing Corp., New York (1962), p. 65.Google Scholar
- 5.R. L. Powell and M. D. Bunch, NBS unpublished data.Google Scholar
- 8.D. K. C. McDonald, Thermoelectricity: An Introduction to the Principles, John Wiley & Sons, New York (1962), p. 80.Google Scholar