Low Temperature Mechanical Properties of 300 Series Stainless Steel and Titanium
In the past, considerable effort has been devoted to determining mechanical properties of engineering materials at temperatures below -319°F. However, the obtaining of instantaneous diameter measurements during tensile testing has not been attempted.
KeywordsMaximum Load True Strain Test Chamber True Stress Platen Displacement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Final Report, Contract No. DA-19–020–505-ORD-4642.Google Scholar
- 2.T. S. DeSisto and D. E. Driscoll, “True-Stress True-Strain Computer,” WAL TR 111 23–1.Google Scholar
- 4.R. L. Smith and J. L. Rutherford, “Tensile Properties of Zone Refined Iron in the Temperature Range from 298° to 4.2°K,” Trans. AIME, (July, 1957).Google Scholar
- 5.E.T. Wessel, “Metals at Low Temperatures,” Trans. ASM, Vol. 49, p, 149 (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.G.W. Powell, E.R. Marshall and W.A. Backofen, “Strain Hardening of Austenitic Stainless Steel,” Trans. ASM, Vol. 50, p. 478 (1958).Google Scholar