The Nucleate and Film Boiling Curve of Liquid Nitrogen at One Atmosphere
Heat transfer to boiling liquids is a form of heat transfer with change of phase. The appearance of a second phase greatly complicates the mechanism of heat transfer, and it is not surprising that the study of boiling liquids is still the least developed phase of all forms of heat transfer.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Heat Flux Critical Heat Flux Copper Tube Boiling Heat Transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Faber and R. L. Scørah, “Heat Transfer to Water Boiling Under Pressure,” Trans. ASME, Vol. 70, 369 (1948).Google Scholar
- 2.W. H. McAdams, “Heat Transfer from Single Horizontal Wires to Boiling Liquids,” Chem. Eng. Prog., Vol. 44, 639 (1948).Google Scholar
- 3.R. N. Mulford, J. P. Nigon, J. G. Dash, and W. E. Keller, “Heat Exchange Between a Copper Surface and Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Nitrogen,” extract from Secret Document LAMS-1443.Google Scholar
- 4.Mikhail, PhD. Thesis in Chem. Eng. Imperial College, Royal College of Science, Kensington, England (1952).Google Scholar
- 5.G. G. Haselden and J. I. Peters, “Heat Transfer to Boiling Liquid Oxygen and Liquid Nitrogen,” Trans. Instn. Chem. Engrs. (London), Vol. 27, 201 (1949).Google Scholar
- 6.L. Weil and A. Lacaze, “Coefficients d’Echange Thermique dans l’Azote Bouillants,” Acad, des Sciences, Vol. 250, No, 2 (1950).Google Scholar
- 7.W. B. Hanson and R. J. Richards, “Heat Transfer to a Boiling Liquefied Gas,” unpublished Laboratory Note 56–1, NBS-CEL, Boulder, Colorado (1956).Google Scholar
- 8.L. A. Bromley, “Heat Transfer in Stable Film Boiling,” Chem Engr. Prog., Vol. 46, 221 (1950).Google Scholar
- 11.M. J. McNelly, “A Correlation of Rates of Heat Transfer to Nucleate Boiling Liquids,” The Journal of Imp. Coll. Chem. Eng. Soc., Vol. 7, 18 (1953).Google Scholar
- 12.W. Rohsenow and P. Griffith, “Correlation of Maximum Heat Flux Data for Boiling of Saturated Liquids,” Chem. Eng. Prog. Symp. Series, Vol. 52, No. 18, 47 (1956).Google Scholar
- 14.Y. P. Chang, “A Theoretical Analysis of Heat Transfer in Natural Convection and in Boiling,” Trans. ASME, Vol. 79, No. 7, 1501 (1957).Google Scholar