Solid-Vapor Equilibrium in the System Helium-Methane
The present investigation is part of a program to provide accurate, low-temperature, phase-equilibria data for binary systems of both technical and theoretical importance. It was pointed out in a previous paper  that, particularly in the solid-vapor region, there was a deficiency of data for several systems of interest, specifically, the hydrogen and helium light-hydrocarbon systems. In that paper data were presented for the entire solid-vapor region of the hydrogen-methane system up to 150 atm.
KeywordsEnhancement Factor Methane Standard Equilibrium Cell Hydrocarbon Analyzer Cryogenic Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. J. Hiza and R. N. Herring, In: International Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Plenum Press, New York (1965), p. 182.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Clusius and K. Weigand, Z. Physik. Chem. B46:1 (1940).Google Scholar
- 3.G. T. Armstrong, F. G. Brickwedde, and R. C. Scott, NBS J. Res. 55(1):39 (1955).Google Scholar
- 5.D. B. Mann and R. B. Stewart, NBS Tech. Note No. 8, Boulder, Colorado (May 1959).Google Scholar
- 6.F. F. Kharakhorin, Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 2(5):55 (1959). (Translation available at SLA Translations Center.)Google Scholar
- 7.M. Gonikberg and W. Fastovskii, Acta Physicochim. URSS 13:399 (1940).Google Scholar
- 8.M. J. Hiza and R. N. Herring, in: Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 8, Plenum Press, New York (1963), p. 158.Google Scholar
- 9.D. E. Emerson, Bureau of Mines Helium Research Center, private communication (January 1965).Google Scholar
- 10.C. G. Kirkland, L. W. Brandt, and W. M. Deaton, in: Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol 6, Plenum Press, New York (1961), p. 399.Google Scholar
- 11.B. S. Kirk and W. T. Ziegler, in: International Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Plenum Press, New York (1965), p. 160.Google Scholar