A Multipurpose Phase Equilibrium Apparatus to Study Mixtures of Cryogenic Fluids: Application to Argon-Methane
With the increased use of cryogenics in both technical and theoretical applications, there is an increased requirement for reliable phase equilibrium and related thermodynamic data for cryogenic fluids and their mixtures. For this reason a new apparatus has been constructed which is capable of providing phase equilibrium data of sufficient accuracy for the derivation of meaningful, thermodynamic properties of fluid mixtures.
KeywordsPhase Point Equilibrium Cell Differential Thermocouple Cryogenic Fluid Cryogenic Engineer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. D. Goodwin, in: Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 5, Plenum Press, New York (1960) p. 577.Google Scholar
- 2.M. J. Hiza and R. N. Herring, in: Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Vol. 8, Plenum Press, New York (1963) p. 158.Google Scholar
- 3.R. N. Herring and P. L. Barrick, in: International Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Plenum Press, New York (1965) p. 151.Google Scholar
- 5.J. C. Muffins and W. T. Ziegler, in: International Advances in Cryogenic Engineering, Plenum Press, New York (1965) p. 171.Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Duncan, D.Phil. Dissertation, University of Oxford, Oxford, England (1966).Google Scholar