Cryogenic Properties of 18Ni-9Co-5Mo and 18Ni-7Co-5Mo Maraging Steel Sheet
The maraging steels are now well known for their desirable combination of high strength and good toughness at room temperature [1–3]. Room temperature tensile strengths up to 350 ksi have been obtained with aged material; however, the fracture toughness is somewhat lowered at these high strengths. Nevertheless, reasonable compromises may be made between these two properties for room temperature applications.
KeywordsFracture Toughness Crack Length Weld Metal Cryogenic Temperature Maraging Steel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. L. Corn, J. Metals, 16 (10): 814 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.“Maraging Steel Project Review,” ASD Technical Documentary Report No. RTD-TDR-63–4048, (November 1963).Google Scholar
- 3.“Third Maraging Steel Project Review,” Technical Documentary Report 63–262 (May 1963).Google Scholar
- 4.S. L. Pendleberry and C. S. Yen, ASTM Materials and Research Standards, 2(11):913 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.S. J. Matas, “Influence of Impurities and Related Effects on Strength and Toughness of High-Strength Steels,” ASM Metals Engineering Quarterly, 4(2):48 (1964).Google Scholar