The Possibility of Determining the Filtering Properties of the Upper Part of the Section
The low-speed layer in a real medium is highly inhomogeneous with respect to wave speeds and has an important effect on the character of the wave field [1&x2013;3]. The zone of low wave speeds may be considered to be a single layer or a series of thin layers. A study of the effect of this zone on waves of various types is important for the following reasons.
KeywordsResponse Function Seismic Wave Wave Spectrum Direct Wave Seismic Exploration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. I. Gal’perin, On the question of the effect of the surface and upper part of the section on the character and structure of a seismogram, in: Aspects of the Dynamic Theory of Propagation of Seismic Waves, No. 7, Leningrad State University, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Z. Kats, On the question of considering ground conditions in seismic microzoning, Tr. Geofiz. Inst., No. 30:157 (1955).Google Scholar
- 3.D. P. Kirnos, On the possibility of exciting resonant vibrations in an alluvial layer, Tr. Seismol. Inst. Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 117 (1945).Google Scholar
- 4.I. S. Berzon, A. M. Epinat’eva, G. N. Pariiskaya, and S. P. Starodubrovskaya, Dynamic characteristics of seismic waves in real media, Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1962.Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. Gurvich, Seismic Exploration, Gostoptekhizdat, 1960.Google Scholar
- 6.L. L. Khudzinskii, Broadband seismic station ShPSS, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Geofiz., No. 2 (1964).Google Scholar
- 7.A. M. Epinat’eva, The study of longitudinal seismic waves propagating in some real media, Tr. Inst. Fiz. Zemli, No. 14:138 (1960).Google Scholar
- 8.I. I. Gurvich, On reflections from thin layers in seismic exploration, Prikl. Geofiz., No. 9 (1952).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Kharkevich, Spectra and Analysis, GITTL, 1957 [English translation: Consultants Bureau, New York, 1960].Google Scholar
- 10.L. L. Khudzinskii and A. Ya. Melamud, Equipment for frequency analysis of seismic vibrations, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Geofiz., No. 9 (1959).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Kuznetsov, Determining the average attenuation factors and reflection factors from the spectrums and amplitudes of direct and reflected waves, Tr. Inst. Fiz. Zemli, No. 34:201 (1964).Google Scholar