The Wave form of a Longitudinal Reflected Wave from a Thin High-Speed Layer
The wave forms for longitudinal waves reflected from a thin but uniform layer have been studied theoretically [1–5], on models [6–7], and in actual media [2, 4], Recently, theoretical studies have appeared which develop the wave forms for waves reflected from a periodic sequence of thin layers [8–9].
KeywordsWave Form Synthetic Seismogram Uniform Layer Shot Point Inhomogeneous Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. S. Berzon, A. M. Epinat’eva, G. N. Pariiskaya, and S. P. Starodubrovskaya, Wave Forms of Seismic Waves in Actual Media, Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow, 1962.Google Scholar
- 2.S. P. Starodubrovskaya, Physical basis for using wave forms of longitudinal reflected waves for tracing layers of varying thickness, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Geofiz., No. 12 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.S. P. Starodubrovskaya and G. N. Pariiskaya, Use of wave forms of reflected waves for identifying and tracing layers of varying thickness, Razved. Geofiz., No. 2 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.I. I. Gurvich, On reflections from thin layers in seismic exploration, Prikl. Geofiz., No. 9 (1952).Google Scholar
- 5.I. I. Gurvich, Analysis of reflections from thin layers, Prikl. Geofiz., No. 15 (1956).Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Ivanova, Studies on models of the ratios of intensities of reflected and head waves, Tr. Inst. Fiz. Zemli, No. 30:197, Seismic Modelling.Google Scholar
- 7.V. P. Telezhenko, Yu. B. Gorshenin, and L. I. Dorognitskaya, Wave forms of seismic records in the case of inclined layers from model data, Tr. Sibirsk. Nauchn.-Issled. Inst. Geol. Geofiz., i Mineral’n. Syr’ya, No. 27 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.V. S. Isaev, Results of the use of theory of grouping for studying periodic sequences of layers, Prikl. Geofiz., No. 49 (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.N. G. Mikhailova, B. S. Pariiskii, and M. V. Saks, Response function of a sequence of layers, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz. Zemli, No. 1 (1964).Google Scholar
- 10.L. L. Khudzinskii, On determining some spectral characteristics of layered media, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Geofiz., No. 3 (1962).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Kuznetsov, Determining the average attenuation factor and reflection factor from spectrums and amplitudes of direct and reflected waves, Tr. Inst. Fiz. Zemli, Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 34:201 (1964).Google Scholar
- 12.Paul Wuenschel, Seismogram Synthesis Including Multiples and Transmission Coefficients, Geophysics, 25(1):106–129 (1962).Google Scholar