The Crystallization of Alum from Water in an Ultrasonic Field
In the last few years several papers have appeared on the effects of ultrasonics on crystallizing substances [1, 2], These papers dealt with polycrystalline materials formed from melts, and did not touch on monocrystals. We give here some data on the effects of ultrasonics on monocrystals of potash alum.
KeywordsUltrasonic Wave Heavy Particle Polycrystalline Material Large Crystal Small Crystal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. P. Kapustin, Trudy Inst. Krist. Akad. Nauk SSSR No. 10 (1954).Google Scholar
- E. Hiedemann, J. Acoust. Soc. Amer. 26, 5 (1954).Google Scholar
- A. P. Kapustin and V. E. Kavalyunaite, Kristallografiya 1, 6 (1956).Google Scholar
- M. Shaskol’skaya and A. V. Shubnikov, Z. Krist. 85, 1 (1933).Google Scholar
- G. Keck, Acustica 5, 2 (1955).Google Scholar
- Kh. S. Bagdaserov, Kristallografiya 3, 4, 487 (1958).Google Scholar