Anthracene is the most efficient organic phosphor at present known; it converts absorbed energy to light quanta with maximum efficiency, and is used as a standard substance abroad. A reliable method of growing anthracene monocrystals is therefore much needed.
KeywordsMethyl Ether Organic Crystal Nichrome Wire Zone Purification Vertical Oven
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ross, Proc. Nat. Electron Conference 6, 533 (1950).Google Scholar
- Tarjan et al., Magyar fiz. folyolorat 3, 4 (1955).Google Scholar
- L. M. Belyaev, B. V. Vitovskii, and G. F. Dobrzhanskil, Growth of Crystals, vol. I [in Russian] (Izd. AN SSSR, 1957).Google Scholar
- N. N. Spendiarov, B. S. Aleksandrov, et al., “Zone purification of anthracene,” Trudy IREA (in press).Google Scholar
- Nucleonics 6, 5, 70 (1950).Google Scholar