The aim of this book is twofold. Firstly, it is an attempt to provide a full and current account of the Hall effect studies which have been reported in metals and binary metallic systems. This forms the subject of Chapter 7, the latter part of the book where the metallic elements and binary systems are listed in alphabetical order according to the accepted method. The second aim is to support this review of the data with a concise, descriptive survey of the relevant theory. It is hoped that this will be intelligible to the reader with a general familiarity of solid-state physics but who may be unfamiliar with electron transport properties. In short, the aim of the book is precisely that of companion volumes in this series, such as that by Meaden1 which is devoted to the electrical resistance of metals.
KeywordsCurrent Account Hall Effect Electron Transport Property Anomalous Hall Effect Descriptive Survey
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. T. Meaden, Electrical Resistance of Metals ,Plenum Press, New York, 1965.Google Scholar
- 2.R. G. Chambers,Magnetoresistance, in: W. A. Harrison and M. B. Webb (eds.), The Fermi Surface ,John Wiley, New York, 1960, p. 100.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Fawcett, Advan. Phys. (Phil. Mag. Suppl.) 13, 139 (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.J. M. Ziman, Electrons and Phonons ,Clarendon, Oxford, 1960.Google Scholar
- 6.A. C. Beer, Galvanomagnet ic Effects in Semiconductors ,Academic Press, New York, 1963.Google Scholar
- 7.A. B. Pippard, The Dynamics of Conduction Electrons ,Blackie and Sons, Ltd., London, 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.W. Mercouroff, La Surface de Fermi des Métaux ,Masson et Cie., Paris, 1967.Google Scholar
- 9.E. H. Putley, The Hall Effect and Related Phenomena ,Butterworths, London, 1960.Google Scholar
- 10.B. Kemp, Hall Effect Instrumentation ,Sams and Co., Indianapolis, 1963.Google Scholar
- 11.S. Stricker, The Hall Effect and its Applications, in: L. Marton (ed.), Advances in Electronics and Electron Physics ,Vol. 25, Academic Press, New York, 1968.Google Scholar
- 12.K. P. Belov and E. P. Svirina, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 96, 21 (1968) [Soviet Phys.-Usp. ,(Engl. trans.) 11, 620 (1969)].Google Scholar