Receptors are macromolecules with two distinct characteristics:
the ability to recognize and selectively bind ligands with similar structures;
the ability to initiate a biologic response when an appropriate ligand is bound to it.
KeywordsDopamine Receptor Receptor Site Islet Cell Carcinoma Dopamine Recep Radioactive Ligand
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kung, H.F., Sangren, P., Kung, M.-P. et al. (1989) In vitro and in vivo evaluation of [123I] IBZM: A potential CNS D-2 dopamine receptor imaging agent. J. Nucl. Med., 30, 88–92.Google Scholar
- 2.Seibyl, J.P., Woods, S.W., Zoghbi, S.S. et al. (1992) Dynamic SPECT imaging of dopamine D2 receptors in human subjects with iodine-123-IBZM. J. Nucl. Med., 33, 1964–71.Google Scholar
- 6.Kilbourn, M.R. and Zalutsky, M.R. (1985) Research and clinical potential of receptor based radiopharmaceuticals. J. Nucl. Med., 26, 655–62.Google Scholar
- 10.Product Information (1993) 123I-IBZM imaging of dopamine D2 receptors in the brain by SPECT. Cygne, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 11.Kung, H.F., Guo, Y.-Z., Billings, J. et al (1988) Preparation and biodistribution of [125I] IBZM: a potential CNS D-2 dopamine receptor imaging agent. Nucl. Med. Biol, 2, 195–201.Google Scholar
- 12.Kung, H.F. (1986) Brain radiopharmaceuticals, in Advances in Radiopharmaceuticals, Vol. 1 (ed. A. Fritzberg) CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, pp. 21–10.Google Scholar
- 17.Reubi, J.C., Kvols, L.K., Nagorney, D.M. et al. (1990) Detection of somatostatin receptors in surgical and percutaneous needle biopsy samples of carcinoids and islet cell carcinoma. Cancer Res., 50, 5969–77.Google Scholar
- 19.Product Information (1992) Somatostatin receptor imaging using Octreoscan. Mallinckrodt Medical, Petten, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- 20.Krenning, E.P., Bakker, W.H., Kooij, P.P.M. et al. (1992) Somatostatin receptor scintigraphy with indium-111-DTPA-D-Phe-1-octreotide in man: metabolism, dosimetry and comparison with iodine-123-tyr-3-octreotide. J. Nucl. Med., 33, 652–58.Google Scholar
© Azuwuike Owunwanne, Mohan Patel and Samy Sadek 1995