Intralymphocytic Adenosine Deaminase (ADA) and Purine Nucleoside Phosphorylase (PNPase) Activity in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) : Effect of Thymostimulin
ADA (E.C.184.108.40.206.) and PNPase (E.C.220.127.116.11.) are enzymes which have been extensively studied by imnunologists ever since it was noted that a deficiency of either one of these enzymes could be associated with severe congenital immunodeficiency. Though the catalytic actions of these enzymes are sequential, the absence or the alteration of one of the two enzymes causes different types of congenital immunodeficiencies. ADA insufficiency causes a severe combined immunodeficiency while PNPase insufficiency alters delayed immunity (1,2). JVbreover it has been demonstrated that these enzymes are involved in lymphocytic ontogeny both in animals (3) and in man (4).
KeywordsUric Acid Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Adenosine Deaminase Severe Combine Immunodeficiency Purine Nucleoside
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.M. Petrini, R. Testi, N. Cappelli, F. Caracciolo, S. Ronca-Testoni, F. Ambrogi: In “Hemolymphopoiesis: normal and pathological cell differentiation”. F. Gavosco, G.P. Bagnara, M.A. Brunelli, C. Castaldini Eds., Editrice Esculapio, Bologna 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.J.P.R.M Van Laarhoven, G.T. Spierenburg, C.H.M.M. De Bruyn, E. D.A.M. Scheratlen: In “Purine Methabolism in man-III Part B, 283-288, Rapado A., De Bruyn C.H.M.M. Eds. Plenum Publishing Corporation 1980.Google Scholar
- 7.R.P. Mac Dermott, G.L. Tritsch, J.F. Formeister: Clin. Exp. Immunol. 42: 303; 1980Google Scholar
- 8.F. Ambrogi, M. Petrini, S. Ronca-Testoni, F. Bruschi, B. Grassi: 4 International Congress of Immunology, Paris 21–26 July, J. L. Preud’Homme and V.A.L. Hawken Eds. Amelot 1980.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Boyum: Scand. J. Clin. Lab. Invest. 21: suppl. 97, 1978.Google Scholar
- 18.M. Fiorilli, R. Aimrirati, M.C. Sirianni, R. D’Amelio, I. Quinti, M.C. Voci, F. Aiuti: In “Thymus, Thymic Hormones and T-lynphocytes”. Aiuti F. and Wigzell H. Eds. Academic Press, London, 1980.Google Scholar