Selected Topics in Non-Accelerator Physics
Recent theories in high-energy physics have given rise to speculative predictions; their proof relies on a great variety of experiments, most of which do not require high-energy accelerators.
KeywordsNeutrino Mass Neutrino Oscillation Magnetic Charge Solar Neutrino Magnetic Monopole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.F. Boehm, Status of lepton conservation and neutrino mass, submitted to Surveys, 3 March 1983.Google Scholar
- 4.D.O. Caldwell, Proc. 1982 Summer Study on Elementary Particle Physics and Future Facilities, Snowmass, Colorado (Amer. Phys. Soc., Division of Particles and Fields, New York, 1983), p. 600.Google Scholar
- 5.O. Fackler et al. (Rockfeiler University-Fermilab-Lawrence Livermore Lab. Collaboration), An experiment to measure the υe mass, private communication from R. Cool.Google Scholar
- 7.R.S. Raghaven (Bell Telephone Lab.), Ultra-low energy K-capture decay of 158Tb: a new neutrino “balance”, to be published.Google Scholar
- 10.Proc. 1982 Summer Workshop on Proton Decay Experiments, Argonne, I11. (ANL-HEP-CP 82-24, 1982).Google Scholar
- 12.R.M. Bionta et al. (IMB Collaboration), A search for proton decay into e+μ°, submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett., 1983.Google Scholar
- 13.S. Coleman, The magnetic monopole fifty years later, Harvard preprint HUTP 82/A032 (1982).Google Scholar
- 14.D.B. Cline, Binding of monopoles in matter and search in large quantities of old iron ore, Invited talk at Wingspread Monopole Workshop, Racine, Wisconsin, October 1982.Google Scholar
- 16.C. Rubbia, Hunting the supermassive monopole without superconductivity, Int. report CERN-EP/82-01 (1982).Google Scholar
- 18.P. Eberhard, Magnetic monopoles and the galactic magnetic field, LBL, Group A physics note No. 946, 23 July 1982.Google Scholar
- M.S. Goodman et al., A sensitive search for neutron-antineutron transitions, Oak Ridge Proposal ORNL/Phys.-82/1 (1982).Google Scholar
- 19.S. Dimopoulos, S.L. Glashow, E.M. Purcell and F. Wilczek, Magnetic monopoles: A local source?, Harvard preprint HUTP-82/A016 (1982).Google Scholar