Laboratory, Patient and Expert System as a Triad in Patient Care
Expert systems are employed in medicine e.g. to establish a differential diagnosis, to guide the therapeutic process, or to evaluate the course of a disease using decision analysis techniques. As a matter of fact, early applications of artificial intelligence methods in medicine have set the stage for practical advances in many other areas such as military defence systems and geologic explorations.
KeywordsExpert System Bronchiolitis Obliterans Systemic Mastocytosis Artificial Intelligence Method Tuberculous Peritonitis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M.E. White and J. Lewkowicz, The CONSULTANT data base for computer assisted diagnosis and information management in veterinary medicine, Automedica 8: 135 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.M.S. Blois, M.S. Tuttle and D.S. Sherentz, RECONSIDER: A program for generating differential diagnosis, Proc. SCAMC (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.J.A. Hupp, J.J. Cimino, E.P. Hoffer, H.J. Lowe and O. Barnett, Dxplain — a computer based diagnostic knowledge base, in: “MEDINFO-86”, R. Salamon, B. Blum and M. Jørgensen, eds., Elsevier Science Publ., Amsterdam (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.T. Timpka, R. Hjerppe, D. Strömberg, I. Möller, P. Bjurulf, H. Gill, P. Mattsson, B. Olander and O. Wigertz, Decision support for general practicioners, in: “MEDINFO-86”, R. Salamon, B. Blum and M. Jergensen, eds., Elsevier Science Publ., Amsterdam (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Helder, M.P. van Dieijen-Visser, J.J.A. Schreuder, J.Y. Kresh, H.R. Quint, K. Gill and P.L.M. Kerkhof, Editing facilities and applications of a general medical knowledge base, The Medwise project, Automedica 8: 151 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.Current Medical Information and Terminology, American Medical Association, Chicago, 4th edition (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.S.J. Scown, The artificial intelligence experience, an introduction, Digital Equipment Corporation, Maynard (1985).Google Scholar
- 11.P.L.M. Kerkhof, Dreams and realities of computer-assisted diagnosis systems in medicine, Automedica 8: 123 (1987).Google Scholar