AL Amyloidosis (MIY) with Intestinal Tract Involvements and the Chemical Analysis of its BJP (MIY, NIG-84)
The basis for the formation of amyloid may be the presence of excess amounts of fibril protein precursors capable of their polymerization. Certain serum proteins appear to be the fibril precursors in the systemic amyloidosis. Structural identity of urinary Bence Jones proteins (BJP) and amyloid fibril proteins from the same patient has been confirmed by amino acid sequence analysis (Terry et al., 1973). In that patient with BJP kappa in the urine, the clinical and pathologic data mainly suggested involvement of the muscularis and serosal layers of the intestinal wall. The present case in this paper associated with BJP lambda provided the similar features. The entire amino acid sequence and the physico-chemical character of this BJP are presented.
KeywordsAmino Acid Sequence Analysis Systemic Amyloidosis Complete Amino Acid Sequence Plasma Cell Dyscrasia Primary Amyloidosis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Isobe, T., Takatsuki, K., Tishendorf, F.W., Birken, S. and Osserman, E.F., 1981, Plasma cell myeloma, hyperviscosity and amyloidosis associated with a serum IgG3λ and urinary excretion of two fragments related to the variable portion of λ light chains, Clin Immunol Immunopath, 19:15.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Isobe, T., Tonoike, H., Kametani, F., and Shinoda, T., 1986, Amyloidogenicity and subgroups of human lambda Bence Jones proteins, in: “Amyloidosis”, G.G. Glenner, E.F. Osserman, et al., ed., Plenum Publishing Co, New York.Google Scholar
- 7.Mangalo, R., Iscaki, S., Raynand, M., 1966, Presence dactirite anticorps dans des preparations de chaines legeres C R Acad Sci, 263:204.Google Scholar
- 8.Osserman, E.F., Takatsuki, K. and Talal, N., 1964, The pathogenesis of amyloidosis, Semin Hematol, 1:3.Google Scholar
- 10.Solomon, A., and McLaughlin, C.L., 1969, Bence-Jones proteins and light chains of immunoglobulins. I. Formation and characterization of aminoterminal (variant) and carboxyl-terminal (constant) halves, J Biol Chem, 244:3393.Google Scholar