Primary Structure of A V K II Light Chain from a Patient with Amyloid Arthropathy
The first complete sequence of an amyloidogenic kll light chain from a patient with amyloid arthropathy is reported. Its homology with another amyloid light chain of the same subgroup is discussed.
KeywordsHigh Performance Liquid Chromatography Light Chain Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Bence Jones Protein Amyloid Light Chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Glenner, G.G.,1982, Amyloid deposits and amyloidosis.The ßfibrilloses,N. Eng.J.Med.,302:1283; 1333.Google Scholar
- Gross, E.,1967,The cyanogen bromide reaction,In:Methods Enzymol. vol. XI, C.H. W. Hirs Ed., Acad.Press,.Y.Google Scholar
- Kabat, E.A., Wu, T.T., Reid-Miller, M., Perry, H.M., and Gottesman, K.S.,1987, Sequences of proteins of immunological interest,U.S. Department of health and human service Ed.Google Scholar
- Laemmli, U.K.,1970, Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of Bacteriophage T4, Nature, 227:680.Google Scholar
- Moore, S.,1968, Amino acid analysis:aqueous dimethyl sulfoxide as solvent for the ninhydrin reaction, J.Biol.Chem.,243:6281.Google Scholar
- Osserman, E.F., Takatsuki, K., and Talal, N.,1964, The pathogenesis of “amyloidosis”, Semin.Haematol.,1:3.Google Scholar
- Pras, M., Itzchaki, M., Prelli, F., Dollberg, L., and Frangione, B., 1985, Amyloid arthropathy: characterization of the amyloid protein, Clin.Exp.Rheuma toi.,3:327.Google Scholar