Statistical Analysis of Amyloid Activities Since 1950 — Basis for an Autonomous Journal
The numbers and types of amyloid publications listed in International Indices were examined from 1950 to 1986. Until 1960 most of the publications were of a case report nature. Following the meeting in Antwerp on paramyloidoses, an increase rate of publications on amyloidosis began and has continued progressively. The rate of increase surged fairly rapidly until about 1968, a plateau until 1978 followed, and then a very much more rapidly increasing rate since 1979 up to the present time. Some of these changes appeared to be readily explicable, others are puzzling. A survey of selected journals for non-amyloid publications appearing in 1984 and 1985 was also carried out, and a comparision made between these and amyloid publications. The indications are that the existence of an autonomous journal for amyloidosis is overdue.
KeywordsFamilial Mediterranean Fever Amyloid Fibril International Index Renal Amyloidosis Listing Agent
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Current list of medical literature, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.Google Scholar
- 2.Cumulative Index Medicus, U.S. National Library of Medicine, Washington, D.C., U.S.A.Google Scholar
- 3.Leukemia, Amyloidosis. Proceedings of the 8th Conference of the International Society of Geographical Pathology, F. C. Roulet, ed., Pathol Microbiol 27:782 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.Fortschritte der Amyloidforschung, G. Bruns, W. Zschiesche and S. Fritsch, eds., Nova Acta Leopoldina 31:1 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.S. E. Goldfinger, Colchicine for familial Mediterranean fever, New Eng J Med 287:1302 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.First International Symposium on Amyloidosis, Groningen, The Netherlands, 1967, E. Mandema, L. Ruinen, J.H. Schulten and A. S. Cohen, eds., Excerpta Medica Foundation, Amsterdam (1968).Google Scholar
- 8.Third International Symposium on Amyloidosis, Povoa de Varzim, Portugal, 1979, G. G. Glenner, P. P. Costa and A. F. Freitas, eds., Excerpta Medica Foundation, Amsterdam (1980).Google Scholar
- 9.P. P. Costa, A. S. Figueira, F. R. Bravo, and A. Guimaraes, presented in 1979, “Amyloid and Amyloidosis”, p. 147–152 (Reference (8) above).Google Scholar
- 13.Symposium on Paramyloidosis. W. Krucke and F. Seitelberger, eds., Acta Neuropathol (Berl), Suppl II, 1 (1963).Google Scholar