The Development and Preliminary Clinical Evaluation of an Antifertility Vaccine
promoting and supporting research aimed at finding and developing new safe, effective and acceptable methods of fertility regulation as well as identifying and eliminating obstacles to such research and development;
identifying and evaluating health and safety problems associated with fertility regulation technology, analysing the behavioural and social determinants of fertility regulation, and testing cost-effective interventions to develop improved approaches to fertility regulation within the context of reproductive health services;
strengthening the training and research capability of developing countries to conduct research in the field of human reproduction;
establishing a basis for collaboration with other programmes engaged in research and development in human reproduction, including the identification of priorities across the field and the coordination of activities in the light of such priorities (Barzelatto, 1988).
KeywordsHuman Chorionic Gonadotrophin Human Reproduction Diphtheria Toxoid Muramyl Dipeptide Fertility Regulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barzelatto, J., 1988, World Health Organization Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, Biennial Report 1986–1987, W.H.O., 11.Google Scholar
- Griffin, P.D., 1986, A fertility regulating vaccine based on the carboxyl-terminal peptide of the beta subunit of hCG, in: “Immunological Approaches to Contraception and Promotion of Fertility”, G.P. Talwar, ed., Plenum Publishing Corporation.Google Scholar
- Griffin, P.D., 1988, World Health Organization Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction, Biennial Report 1986–1987, W.H.O., 177.Google Scholar
- Stevens, V.C., 1975, Antifertility effects fron immunization with intact, subunits and fragments of hCG, in: “Physiological Effects of Immunity Against Reproductive Hormones”, R.G. Edwards, M.H. Johnson, eds., Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Stevens, V.C., Cinader, B., Powell, J.H., Lee, A.C., Koh, S.W., 1981a, Preparation and formulation of a human chorionic gonadotrophin antifertility vaccine: selection of a peptide immunogen, Amer.J.Reprod. Immun., 1: 307.Google Scholar
- Stevens, V.C., Cinader, B., Powell, J.H., Lee, A.C., Koh, S.W., 1981b, Preparation and formulation of a human chorionic gonadotrophin antifertility vaccine: selection of adjuvant and vehicle. Amer.J.Reprod. Immun., 1: 315.Google Scholar