Prolegomena to any Future Computer Evaluation of the QCD Mass Spectrum
In recent years we have seen many computer based evaluations of the QCD mass spectrum1. At the present moment a reliable control of the systematic errors is not yet achieved; as far as the main sources of systematic errors are the non zero values of the lattice spacing and the finite size of the box, in which the hadrons are confined, we need to do extensive computations on lattices of different shapes in order to be able to extrapolate to zero lattice spacing and to infinite box. While it is necessary to go to larger lattices, we also need efficient algorithms in order to minimize the statistical and systematic errors and to decrease the CPU time (and the memory) used in the computation.
KeywordsContinuum Limit Gauge Field Multigrid Method String Tension Nuclear Phys
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See for example H. Hamber, Proc. of the Intern. Conf. on “Matematical Physics”, Boulder (1983), to be published; G. Parisi, Proc. Summer School Cargese (1983), to be published.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Hamber and G. Parisi, Phys. Rev. D27, 3215 (1982).Google Scholar
- 7.See H. Luscher contribution to this school.Google Scholar
- 8.For a recent review see J. Gasser and H. Leutvyler, Phys. Reports, in press.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Eguchi, J. Jurkiewicz and C.P. Korthals Altes, in Proc. Workshop Word Scientific (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.K. Symanzik in “Methematical Problems in Theoretical Physics” eds. R. Schrader et al. Lecture Notes in Physics 153, (Springer, Berlin, 1982).Google Scholar
- 14.G. Parisi, R. Petronzio, R. Rapuano, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 15.M. Falcioni, G. Parisi, M. Paciello and B. Taglienti, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 17.For a discussion of this point see G. Parisi in the Proc. of the Workshop “Word Scientific”, Trieste (1982).Google Scholar
- 18.For a review of the multigrid method see A. Brandt and N. Dinar in “Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations” ed. by S.V. Parter, (Academic Press 1979).Google Scholar