Heat Transfer in Transition Boiling of Cryogenic Liquids
Transition boiling is one of the least investigated domains of heat transfer. This is due both to the complexity of the process and to the fact that in most studies the boiling curve is investigated at fixed heat flux. Present progress in cryogenic technology and increased demands on the precision in calculations of the quenching regime have revived an interest in transition boiling. The purpose of this presentation is to summarize all experimental data known to the authors on heat transfer in the transition boiling mode and to develop a model to predict transition boiling.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Heat Flux Heat Mass Transfer Boiling Curve Cryogenic Liquid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.E. K. Kalinin, I. V. Podzei, and S. V. Blokhin, Izv. Akad. Nauk BSSR 4:24 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Grigoryev, Yu. M. Pavlov, and E. V. Ametistov, Teploenergetika 9:57 (1973).Google Scholar
- 5.E. K. Kalinin, I. I. Berlin, V. G. Karavayev, V. V. Kostyuk, and E. M. Nosova, Inzhenemo-fizicheskii Zh., to be published.Google Scholar
- 8.S. A. Kovalev, V. M. Zhukov, G. M. Kozakov, and Yu. A. Kuzmakichta, in: Proceedings 4th Intern. Heat Transfer Conference (1970), Vol. 5, p. 1–4.Google Scholar
- 9.L. I. Roizen and G. R. Rubin, Inzhenerno-fizicheskii Zh. 22(1): 13 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.K. W. Haley and J. W. Westwater, in: Proceedings 3rd Intern. Heat Transfer Conference (1966), Vol. 3, p. 245.Google Scholar
- 11.E. K. Kalinin, I. I. Berlin, V. V. Kostyuk, and I. V. Podzei, Inzhenerno-fizicheskii Zh. 25(2):205 (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.S. S. Kutateladze, Heat Transfer in Condensation and Boiling, Energia, Moscow (1952).Google Scholar