Telehealth Care in Canada
This paper reviews Canadian experiments and projects in the health services field utilizing telecommunications based delivery systems. It reports on evaluative findings of several projects. It discusses research and development activities which might be necessary to ensure that the benefits of these ongoing activities will be applicable to the existing telecommunications and health care delivery systems, but which at the same time take into consideration future developments in both areas.
KeywordsHealth Care Delivery Public Health Education Base Hospital Nursing Station Common Carrier
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.“Baffin Zone Telemedicine Study” by Jacques Langlois, Anna Casey-Stahmer Dr. H.J. Bagnall, D.O.C. Ottawa, June 1977.Google Scholar
- 2.Information compiled by Jacques Langlois and Anna Casey-Stahmer, Department of Communications, Ottawa, April 1977.Google Scholar
- 3.Information obtained from Robin Roberts and Sally Skene, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario.Google Scholar
- 4.‘CTS Telemedicine System Engineering Evaluation Report’, by Bell Northern Research Ltd., DOC contract No. OST76–00043, May 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.The following information is based on preliminary data analysis of the experiment evaluation and was obtained in discussion with Robin Roberts and Sally Skene.Google Scholar
- 6.“Baffin Zone Telemedicine Study” by Jacques Langlois, A. Casey-Stahmer Dr. H.J. Bagnall, DOC Ottawa, June 1977.Google Scholar