Simple and Complex Patterns in Coupled Map Lattices
What does it mean that the motion of a dynamic system is space-time chaotic?
What does it mean that in the motion of a dynamic system one faces coherent structures?
How could coherent structures appear from chaos?
What are the types of coexistence of these phenomena (intermittency)?
KeywordsCoherent Structure Diffusive Coupling Spatial Interaction Thermodynamic Formalism Random Initial Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B]L. Bunimovich. Space-Time Chaos and arising of Coherent Structures in Lattices of Maps In: ”Dynamical Systems and Turbulence” (ed. by A. N. Sharcovsky), Kiev, Publ. Math. Inst. Ac. Sci. UkSSR, 1989.Google Scholar
- [BBL]L. Battiston, L. Bunimovich, R. Lima. Robust Quasihomogeneous Configurations in Coupled Map Lattices. in progress.Google Scholar
- [BLL]L. Bunimovich, A. Lambert, R. Lima. The Emergence of Coherent Structures in Coupled Map Lattices. J. of Statistical Physics, 61, (1990).Google Scholar
- [BS]L. A. Bunimovich, Ya. G. Sinai. Space-Time Chaos in the Coupled Map Lattices. Nonlinearity. 1, (1988).Google Scholar
- [CE]P. Collet, J.-P. Eckmann. Iterated Maps on the Interval as Dynamical Systems. Birckhäuser, Boston, 1985.Google Scholar
- [CK]J. P. Crutchfield, K. Kaneko. Phenomenology of Spatial-Temporal Chaos. In: ”Directions in Chaos”, (ed. by Hao Bai-lin), Singapore, World Scientific, 1987, 272–353.Google Scholar
- [K]K. Kaneko. Pattern Dynamics In Spatial-Temporal Chaos. Physica D 34 (1986).Google Scholar
- [LMR]R. Livi, G. Martinez-Meckler, S. Ruffo. Periodic Orbits and Long Transients in Coupled Map Lattices. Physica D, (1990), to be published.Google Scholar
- [RR]A. I. Rakhmanov, N. K. Rakhmanova. On one Dynamical System with Spatial Interactions. Preprint, Keldysh Inst. for Applied Mathem., Moscow, 1990.Google Scholar
- [S]Ya. G. Sinai. Gibbs Measure in Ergodic Theory. Russian Mathem. Surveys 27, (1982).Google Scholar
- [V]V. L. Volevich. On some Coupled Map Lattices. 1990 to be published.Google Scholar