Today we are participants and witnesses of a significant event in the development of scientific research into the glassy state. This event is the present symposium, the first to be devoted to study of phase-separation phenomena in glasses. This is all the more noteworthy because no conferences have been held in the past specially on the subject of phase separation not only in glasses but in any other materials.
KeywordsPhase Separation Heterogeneous Structure Glassy State Binodal Curve Phase Theory
- 2.W. Hinz and P. -O. Kunth, Glastechn. Ber., 34(9):431 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Ya. Galakhov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk, No. 5, p. 743 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.J. J. Hammel, Seventh International Congress on Glass, Brussels, No. 36 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.N. S. Andreev, V. I. Aver’yanov, and E. A. Porai-Koshits, in: Structural Transformations in Glasses at High Temperatures, Izd. Nauka, Moscow-Leningrad (1965), p. 59.Google Scholar
- 7.V. N. Filipovich, Neorgan. Materialy, 3:1192 (1967).Google Scholar