Vertical circulation comprises major subsystems that provide a means in multistory buildings for movement of people and goods between floors. The subsystems have substantially the same objectives but achieve them in different ways.
KeywordsTransportation Smoke Perforation Stein Nism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Stein et al., Mechanical and Electrical Equipment for Buildings, 7th ed., Wiley, New York, 1986.Google Scholar
- Life Safety Code, National Fire Protection Association, Quincy, MA, 1988.Google Scholar
- Uniform Building Code, 1988 ed.. International Conference of Building Officials, Whittier, CA.Google Scholar
- The BOCA Basic National Building Code/1984, 9th ed., Building Officials Conference of America, Country Club Hills, IL.Google Scholar
- Southern Standard Building Code, Southern Building Code Congress International, Birmingham, AL.Google Scholar
- P. Hopf and J. Raeber, Access for the Handicapped, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1984.Google Scholar
- Standard Safety Code for Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators, and Moving Walks, ANSI A17.1, published by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.Google Scholar