Chemotherapy options in ovarian carcinoma — a dose intensity perspective
Ovarian carcinoma is a moderately chemosensitive tumour and since most patients present with advanced disease, attention continues to be focused on new systematic treatment initiatives. Comparisons between clinical trial outcomes in ovarian carcinoma have in the past been made difficult as a result of differences between populations studied, variations in sample size which has affected the statistical power to compare two or more treatment arms, and inattention or inability to account for variations in drug doses between studies.
KeywordsOvarian Cancer Single Agent Ovarian Carcinoma Median Survival Time Dose Intensity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.McGuire, W.P., Hoskins, W.J., Brady, M.F. et al (1992) A phase III trial of dose intense (DI) vs standard dose (DS) cisplatin (CDDP) and Cytoxan (CTX) in advanced ovarian cancer (AOC). Proc. Am. Sac. Clin. Oncol 11, A718.Google Scholar
- 6.Boni, C., Cocconi, G., Lottici, R. et al (1990) Conventional vs high dose intensity cisplatin in advanced ovarian cancer. Preliminary report of a randomized trial. Proc. Am. Soc. Clin. Oncol 9 A651.Google Scholar
- 7.Colombo, N., Pittelli, M.R., Marzola, M. et al (1990) Randomized study of two cisplatin (P) dose intensity regimens in patients with stage III/IV epithelial ovarian cancer (HOC). Proc. Am. Soc. Clin. Oncol 9 A619.Google Scholar
- 9.Levin, L. (1993) Dose intensity in the treatment of ovarian carcinoma. In Cancer of the Ovary (eds M. Markman and W.J. Hoskins), Raven Press, New York, pp. 251–60.Google Scholar
- 12.Ovarian Cancer Meta-Analysis Project (1991) Cyclophosphamide plus cisplatin vs cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and cisplatin chemotherapy in ovarian carcinoma: a metaanalysis. J. Clin. Oncol 9 1668–74.Google Scholar
- 13.Kankipati, S.R. and Wiltshaw, E. (1981) A prospective randomized study of cisplatinum as a single agent and in combination with chlorambucil in advanced ovarian carcinoma. Br. J. Cancer. 44, 289.Google Scholar
- 14.Tomirotti, M., Perrone, S., Gie, P. et al (1988) Cisplatin (P) vs cyclophosphamide, adri- amycin and cisplatin (CAP) for stage III/IV epithelial ovarian carcinoma: a prospective randomized trial. Turnori 74, 573–7.Google Scholar
- 16.Gruppo Interegionale Cooperativo Oncologico Ginecologia (1987) Randomized comparison of cisplatin with cyclophosphamide/cisplatin and with cyclophosphamide/doxorubicin/ cisplatin in advanced ovarian cancer. Lancet ii, 353–9.Google Scholar