Nonrecurrent Codes with Minimal Decoding Complexity
Let U be a finite system of distinct words in the alphabet A, 𝔄 a free semigroup over A, [U] a subsemigroup of 𝔄, generated by the set U, and λ the empty word. By ||X|| we shall denote the number of elements of the set X, and by |x| the length of the word x.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. A. Markov, “Completeness condition for nonuniform codes,” Problemy Kibernetiki, 9:327–331, Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Markov, “Nonrecurrent coding,” Problemy Kibernetiki, 8:169–186, Fizmatgiz, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Mandelbrot, “On recurrent noise limiting coding,” Symposium on Information Networks, Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn (1955).Google Scholar
- 6.E.N. Gilbert and E. F. Moore, “Vari able-length binary encodings,” BSTJ, 38(4):933–967 (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.A. A. Sardinas and G. W. Patterson, “A necessary and sufficient condition for unique decomposition of coded messages,” Conv. Rec., Trans. IRE, IT-8:104–108 (1953).Google Scholar