Determination of Residual Stresses in Plastically Compressed Thin Sheets
The determination of residual stresses in cold-rolled and dressed-off sheets during cold stamping of plane parts and during groove designing of plane, thin blanks has great practical significance. The residual stresses have a substantial effect on the age hardening of a metal, on the stress-deformed state of parts during their subsequent treatment, and also on the performance characteristics of the articles.
KeywordsResidual Stress Thin Sheet Rolling Reduction Plane Part Plastic Compression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tret’yakov, E. M. and Elenev, S. A., “Analysis of the plastic compression of thin blanks from strengthened material,” Mashinovedenie, No. 1 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.Tret’yakov, E. M. and Elenev, S. A., “Investigation of plastic compression of a thin hardened sheet,” in: Investigation of Plastic Form Changes of Metals, Izd. Nauka (1965).Google Scholar
- 3.Tret’yakov, E. M. and Elenev, S. A., “Investigation of contact friction during plastic compression of a thin hardened sheet,” in: Plastic Form Changes of Metals, Izd. Nauka (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.Tret’yakov, E. M. and Elenev, S. A., “Effect of hardening in plastic compression of a thin sheet,” in: Plastic Form Changes of Metals, Izd. Nauka (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Prandtl, L., “Examples of the application of the Henk theorem to the equilibrium of plastic bodies,” in: Theory of Plasticity [Russian translation], Inostr. Lit. (1948).Google Scholar
- 6.Hill, R., Mathematical Theory of Plasticity, Oxford (1950).Google Scholar
- 7.Davidenkov, N. N. and Shevandin, E. M., “Investigation of residual stresses set up by bending,” Zh. Tekn. Fiz., No. 12 (1939).Google Scholar
- 8.Birger, I. A., Residual Stresses, Mashgiz (1963).Google Scholar
- 9.Hundy, B. B., “Determination of residual stresses in lightly rolled tin strip,” J. Iron Steel Inst., VoL 179 (1955).Google Scholar
- 10.Palivoda, E. J. and Bessen, J. J., “Temper rolling and its effect on stretcher strain sensitivity. Flat Rolled Products 2; Semifinished and Finished.” Metallurgical Society Conferences, Chicago, Vol. 6 (1960).Google Scholar
- 11.Gribovskii, L., “Apparatus for measuring deformations in the process of gradual pickling of layers during determination of residual stresses,” Zavod. Lab., No. 12 (1962).Google Scholar