Coherence and Radiation Control in Multilevel Systems
The problem of controlling laser systems by radiation when multilevel molecules interact coherently with a field is examined. Equations describing the kinetics of coherent relaxation are derived. The examples considered include radiation in a cavity and in free space, and the propagation and interaction of ultrashort pulses in a resonant medium. Other applications of the theory developed here are considered briefly.
KeywordsPulse Shape Ultrashort Pulse Stationary Pulse Multilevel System Coherent Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. M. Makhviladze and L. A. Shelepin, Trudy FIAN, 70:120 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.L. A. Bol’shov and A. P. Napartovich, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 68:1763 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.T. M. Makhviladze and L. A. Shelepin, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz., 62:2066 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.I. M. Lizin, T. M. Makhviladze, and L. A. Shelepin, Trudy FIAN, 87:21 (1976) (present issue).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Fain, Quantum Electronics [in Russian], Sov. Radio, Moscow (1972), Vol. I.Google Scholar
- 6.T. M. Makhviladze, Candidate’s Dissertation, Moscow Physicotechnical Institute (1972).Google Scholar