Experimental Aspects of Heavy Quark Physics at Hera
HERA is the e — p collider now under construction at DESY, Hamburg. It will provide collisions between 30 GeV electrons and 820 GeV protons and is expected to become operational by 1990. Two detectors have been approved for data taking at HERA, H1 and ZEUS. A schematic layout of ZEUS is shown if Fig. 1.1. This figure illustrates the angular coverage of the high resolution calorimeter in the (w.r.t. the incoming p direction) forward (FCAL), central (BCAL) and rear (RCAL) directions. It also shows the position of the vertex detector (VXD), the central tracking device (CTD) as well as the forward and rear tracking chambers (FTD and RTD). The forward, barrel and rear calorimeters are planned to be instrumented with two planes of Si pads for improved electron/hadron separation. Muons are detected in the forward direction in a spectrometer using drift and limited streamer tube chambers plus scintillator counters interspersed between the magnetized iron yoke and toroid. The barrel and rear muon detectors are based on limited streamer tube chambers before, in between and behind the backing calorimeter and behind the concrete shield.
KeywordsHeavy Quark Parton Shower Heavy Meson Gluon Radiation Beam Pipe
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Heavy Quark Physics at HERA A. Ali. G. Ingelman, G.A. Schuler, F. Barreiro, M.A. Garcia, J.F de Troconiz. R.A. Eichler and Z. Kunszt, DESY 88–119 and FTUAM-EP 88–05, published in the Proceedings of the DESY Workshop on HERA Physics, R. Peccei editor Google Scholar
- A. Ali, see contribution to these ProceedingsGoogle Scholar
- G.A. Schuler, see contribution to these ProceedingsGoogle Scholar
- U. Baur, J.J. van der Bij. CERN-TH.4875/87 (1987) preprintGoogle Scholar
- M. Glück, R.M. Godbole, E. Reya, Dortmund Univ. preprint, DO-TH-87/17 (1987)Google Scholar
- R.A. Eichler, Z. Kunszt. ETHZ-IMP P/88–1 (1988) preprintGoogle Scholar
- R.K. Ellis and Z. Kunszt. Nucl. Phys. B303 (1988) 633 Google Scholar
- A. Ali, proc. workshop on Physics at LEP, Eds. J. Ellis, R. Peccei, CERN 86–02, Vol. 2, p. 220Google Scholar
- G. Ingelman, G.A. Schuler, AROMA 1.2 — A Generator of Heavy Flavour Events in ep Collisions, DESY preprint in preparationGoogle Scholar
- F. Barreiro, S. Brandt and M. Gebser, Nucl. Inst. and Meth. A240 (1985) 231Google Scholar
- G. Ingelman. G. Schuler and J.F. de Troconiz. DESY 88–143 and FTUAM-EP 88–07, accepted in Nucl Phys. B Google Scholar
- A. Ali et al., to be published Google Scholar