There is a great deal of interest in scale-model testing because of the vastly reduced cost of building and testing models instead of full-scale targets. Unfortunately, electromagnetic scaling laws are material-dependent, and one must decide how to scale the various features of the test object.
KeywordsResistive Sheet Radar Cross Section Metallic Coating Test Target Test Body
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. Stratton, Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1941, pp. 488–490.Google Scholar
- 2.Z. V. Parnawski, “Theoretical Aspects and Practical Considerations of Scale Modeling in Antenna Measurements,” Proceedings of the Antenna Measurements Techniques Association, 1987 Meeting, held in Seattle, Washington, September 28 through October 2, 1987, pp. 353–358.Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Howell, “Design of Pulse Gated Compact Radar Cross Section Range,” 1970 G-AP International Program and Digest, IEEE Publication 70c 36-AP, September 1970, pp. 187–195.Google Scholar
- 4.E. F. Knott, “Radar Cross Section,” in Aspects of Modern Radar, edited by Eli Brookner, Artech House, Boston, Mass., 1988, chapter 8, pp. 440–442.Google Scholar
- 6.W. W. Salisbury, “Absorbent Body for Electromagnetic Waves,” U.S. Patent 2,599,944, granted June 10, 1952 (filed May 11, 1943 ).Google Scholar
- 7.E. F. Knott, J. F. Shaeffer, and M. T. Tuley, Radar Cross Section, Artech House, Norwood, Mass., 1985, pp. 247–249.Google Scholar
- 8.J. A. Adam, “How to Design an Invisible’ Aircraft,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 25, April 1988, pp. 26–31.Google Scholar
- 9.H. A. Corriher, “RCS Measurements on Scale Models,” in Radar Reflectivity Measurement: Techniques & Applications, edited by N. C. Currie, Artech House, Horwood, Mass., 1989, Chapter 13, Fig. 13. 25, p. 534.Google Scholar
- 10.T. M. Smith, E. F. Knott, and R. E. Hiatt, “Evaluation of Selected Radar Cross Section Ranges,” U.S. Air Force Rome Air Development Center Technical Report RADC-TR-68–238, March 1969, issued in three volumes (AD 850989, AD 850982, AD 501106).Google Scholar