the reader of this book is assumed to have a grasp of the elementary concepts of set theory, general topology, and algebra. Following are brief summaries of some concepts and results in these areas which are used in this book. Those listed explicitly are done so either because they may not be exactly standard or because they are of particular importance in the subsequent text.
KeywordsTopological Space Convex Body Free Module General Topology Hausdorff Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Some Books on Algebraic Topology
- Alexandroff, P. and H. Hopf: Topologie, Springer-Verlag, 1935.Google Scholar
- Bott, R. and L. W. Tu:Differential Foniis in Algebraic Topology, Springer-Verlag, 1982Google Scholar
- Bourgin, D.G.: Modern Algebraic Topology, Macmillan, 1963.Google Scholar
- Cairns, S.S.: Introductory Topology, Ronald Press, 1962.Google Scholar
- Pontryagin, L.S.: Foundations of Combinational Topology, Graylock Press, 1952.Google Scholar
- Seifert, H. and W. Threlfall: Lehrbuch der Topologie, Teubner Verlagsgesellschaft, 1934.Google Scholar
- Steenrod, N.E.: The Topology of Fiber Bundles, Princeton University Press, 1951.Google Scholar