Strings and Teichmueller Space
The subject of string theory originates from the study of the strong interaction. It starts with Regge poles, duality and Veneziano formalizm. Several important issues in string theory can be illustrated by reviewing the original motivation that lead to a dual resonance model of relativistic strings.
KeywordsRiemann Surface Homotopy Class Quadratic Differential World Sheet Dehn Twist
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- — K.Bugajska “Strings, observer and Teichmueller line” subm. for publ.Google Scholar
- — K.Bugajska “Harmonic, homothetic Gauss map of world sheet, harmonic P-line and Nambu-Goto action” subm.for publ.Google Scholar
- — K.Bugajska “Jenkins-Strebel rays and decay of elementary particles” subm. for publ.Google Scholar
- — K.Bugajska “Strings and discrete space-time” subm. for publ.Google Scholar
- — H.Masur in “Riemann surfaces and Related Topics” Princetot Univ.Press 97 (1980) 417–438Google Scholar
- — W.P.Thurston “On geometry and dynamics of diffeomorphisms of surfaces” preprint and see Google Scholar