Exclusive Exponentiation in the Monte Carlo Yennie-Frautschi-Suura Approach
A closer look is taken into various types of the so-called “exponentiation” procedures in QED. In particular the question of the difference between the common (ad hoc) inclusive exponentiation and the exclusive Yennie-Frautschi-Suura exponentiation is examined. The discussion is limited to the initial state bremsstrahlung in e + e - annihilation. Numerical results from the YFS2 Monte Carlo are used to illustrate the discussion.
KeywordsTotal Cross Section Differential Cross Section Virtual Photon Feynman Rule Integrate Cross Section
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.K. T. Mahanthappa, Phys. Rev. 126 (329) 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Jadach, “Yennie-Frautschi-Suura soft photons in the Monte Carlo generators”, preprint of Max-Plack-Institut, München, MPI-PAE/PTh 6/87 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Jadach and B. F. L. Ward, SLAC-PUB-4543 (1988),Google Scholar
- 6.S. Jadach and B.F.L. Ward, “YFS2 -the second order [monte Carlo for fermion pair production at LEP/SLC with the initial state radiation of two hard and multiple soft photons”, TPJU-15/88, SLAC-PUB-4834 report, to appear in Computer Phys. Commun.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Jadach, Z. Was, R. G. S. Stuart, B. F. L. Ward and W. Hollik, “KORALZ the Monte Carlo program for τ and μ pair production processes at LEP/SLC”, unpublished, may be obtained from Z. Was: WASM @ CERNVM.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Jadach and B.F.L. Ward, in Proceedings of the Ringberg-workshop, April 1989, CERN report TH.5399/89.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Bonneau and F. Martin, Nucl. Phys. 177 (1988) 56.Google Scholar
- 10.E. A. Kuraiev and V. S. Fadin, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 41 (1985) 466.Google Scholar
- 12.G. Burgers, “The shape and size of the Z resonance”, in “Polarization at LEP”, CERN report 88–06, eds. J. Ellis and R. Peccei, CERN, Geneva, (1988).Google Scholar
- 14.S. Jadach and M. Skrzypek, Jagellonian University preprint TPJU-3/89, January 1989.Google Scholar
- 15a.B. F. L. Ward, Acta Phys. Pol. B19 (1988) 465.Google Scholar