Using a Computer to Identify Nematodes
In the study of virus vector nematodes of the family Longidoridae in Spain during the last six years, we have used the polytomous key by Romanenko modified by Hooper for the identification of Longidorus spp. It was proposed to use a computer program to conveniently manage the great quantity of data involved. Such a program was recently published for Longidorus (Rey et al., 1988), and for Tylenchorhynchus and Merlinius (Rey & Mahajan, in press).
KeywordsCorrection Factor Qualitative Character General Coefficient Artificial Genus Binary Character
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abbot, L.A., Bisby, F.A. & Rogers, D.J., 1985. Taxonomie analysis in biology. New York, Columbia Press, 336 pp.Google Scholar
- Moss, W.W. & Webster, W.A., 1970. Phenetics and numerical taxonomy applied to systematic nematology. J.Nematol., 2:168–171.Google Scholar
- Pinkham, C.F.L. & Pearson, J.G., 1976. Applications of a new coefficient of similarity to pollution surveys. J.Water Poll. Contr. Fed., 48:717–723.Google Scholar
- Rey, J.M., Andres, M.F. & Arias, M., 1988. A computer method for identifying nematode species. 1: Genus Longidorus (Nematoda: Longidoridae). Revue Nématol., 11:129–135.Google Scholar
- Rey, J.M. & Mahajan, R., 1988. A computer method for identifying nematode species. 2: Tylenchorhynchus and Merlinius. (Nematoda: Tylenchina), Revue Nématol. (in press).Google Scholar