Identification of Rare Forms using Examples from Australia
Part of the Nato ASI Series book series (NSSA, volume 7)
Initially, the term ‘rare’ needs to be defined within the context of project Nemisys. What is a rare form? The dictionary (Delbridge, 1981) gives the following definition of ‘rare’:
There are also other meanings that are not applicable to nematodes.
“occurring far apart in space or time; unusual; uncommon; few in number; thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated.”
KeywordsLateral Line Rare Form Entire Scale Oral Disc Eucalyptus Woodland
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Andrassy, I., 1986. Fifteen new nematode species from the southern hemisphere.Acta zool. hung., 32: 1–33.Google Scholar
- Colbran, R.C., 1965. Studies of plant and soil nematodes. 11. Carphodorus bilineatus n.g., n.sp. (Nematoda: Dolichodorinae) from Eucalypt forest in Queensland. Qd. J. agrlc. anim. Sci., 22: 481–484.Google Scholar
- Delbridge, A., 1981.The Macquarie Dictionary. Sydney, Australia, Macquarie Library Pty. Ltd., 2062 p.Google Scholar
- Mehta, U.K. & Raski, D.J., 1971. Revision of the genusCriconema Hofmänner and Menzel, 1914 and other related genera (Criconematidae: Nematoda). Indian J. Nematol., 1: 145–198.Google Scholar
- Reay, F., 1987. Plant nematodes from Australia: Blandicephalanema bossi n.sp.,Pateracephalanema pellitum Andrassy, 1979 and P. imbricatum (Colbran, 1965) Mehta & Raski, 1971. (Nematoda: Criconematidae). Revue Nématol., 10: 309–318.Google Scholar
- Sauer, M.R., Brzeski, M.W. & Chapman, R.N., 1980. Observations on the morphology of Belonolaiminae.Nematol. medit., 8: 121–129.Google Scholar
- Siddiqi, M.R., 1986.Tylenchida: parasites of plants and insects. Slough, United Kingdom, Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, ix + 645 p.Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1988