Advertisement

Urolithiasis pp 663-667 | Cite as

Inhibited Precipitation and Growth of Ca-Oxalate Crystals in the Presence of the Alkaline Salts of Some Polyhydroxycarboxylic Acids

  • R. Hartung
  • P. Leskovar
  • R. Allgayer
  • H. Schneider
  • O. Bender
  • E. Wellnhofer
  • M. Simmel

Abstract

About 70–90% of renal calculi are composed of poorly soluble salts of calcium and magnesium. Among them 65–75% are calcium oxalate stones (whewellite and weddellite) and the remaining 15–25% are calcium phosphate stones (apatite, brushite, whitlockite and monetite) or magnesium-ammonium-phosphate (struvite) and magnesium phosphate (newberyte and bobierrite) calculi. Only uric acid, uric acid-dihydrate, ammonium urate and sometimes cystine concrements can be dissolved perorally. The chemolitholysis of the calcium and magnesium urinary calculi is still an unresolved problem.

Keywords

Glucuronic Acid Calcium Oxalate Seed Crystal Renal Calculus Calcium Oxalate Stone 
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.

Preview

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

References

  1. 1.
    P. Leskovar, Akt. Nephrol./Wiss. Inform. Fres. Stift. 1:149 (1979).Google Scholar
  2. 2.
    P. Leskovar, R. Allgayer, and A. Siebert, Akt. Nephrol./Wiss. Inform. Fres. Stift. 2:329 (1979).Google Scholar

Copyright information

© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1981

Authors and Affiliations

  • R. Hartung
    • 1
  • P. Leskovar
    • 1
  • R. Allgayer
    • 1
  • H. Schneider
    • 1
  • O. Bender
    • 1
  • E. Wellnhofer
    • 1
  • M. Simmel
    • 1
  1. 1.Urologische Klinik und Poliklinik Rechts der IsarTechnischen Universität MunchenMunchenGermany

Personalised recommendations