Threshold Pion Photoproduction and the Nuclear Structure
Instead of a standard review of the electro and photoproduction of pion, I have decided to present a selection of data and to discuss some of the problems encountered at this occasion, and which I feel of particular interest. It is thus a rather personal view of the field that will emerge, and many aspects will be missing. For instance, I deliberately ignore the “elementary particle” approach to these processes, and adhere completely to the microscopic analysis, the reason being that I want to know how the nucleus is made of “elementary particles”. Let me recall at this point the conceptual framework in which the following discussion takes place.
KeywordsForm Factor Radiative Capture Impulse Approximation Magnetic Form Factor Pion Photoproduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.A. Figureau, N.C. Mukhopadyay in “Meson nuclear physics”, editors P.D. Banees et al. (1976), 616.Google Scholar
- 7.A.M. Bernstein et al., 6th International Conf. on high energy physics and nuclear structure, Santa Fe, New Mexico, June 1915.Google Scholar
- 16.M.D. Hasinoff et al., 7th International conference on high energy physics and nuclear structure, Zurich (1977).Google Scholar
- 18.G.R. Mason et al., Phys. Lett. 68B (1977), 429.Google Scholar
- 20.A.W. Thomas, preprint TRI PP 782, Triumf, U.B.C. Canada.Google Scholar
- 21.B. Goulard, A. Laverne, J.D. Vergados to be published in Phys. Rev.Google Scholar
- 23.A. Bernstein et al., BAPS 23 (1978), 4, 611.Google Scholar
- 25.E.D. Blom et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 30 (1973), 1186Google Scholar
- 28.Private Communication.Google Scholar
- 29.De Baenst, Nucl. Phys.Google Scholar
- 30.B.B. Govorkov and E.V. Minarik, Sov. J. Nucl. Phys. 14 (1972), 245.Google Scholar