Pion Absorption by Nuclei
The subject of these lectures has a history of experiments and theory of about thirty years. It is not the present purpose to review the subject in detail. There are by now a number of review articles on the subject1–3, and regular reports at two year intervals, at the International Conferences on High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure (of which the most recent is by H.K. Wa1ter4), which have up-to-date information (see also Ref. 1a). The purpose here is to give an overall impression of what the subject is about, and how it stands.
KeywordsNuclear Structure Nuclear Interaction Nuclear Target Born Term Nuclear Wave Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D.S. Koltun, Advanced in Nuclear Physics (ed. Baranger and Vogt), 3 (1969), 71; Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on High Energy Physics-and Nuclear Structure, Dubna 1971, p. 201.Google Scholar
- 1a.J.M. Eisenberg and D.S. Koltun, “Theory of Meson Interactions with Nuclei”, (Wiley-Interscience, forthcoming).Google Scholar
- 4.H.K. Walter, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on High Energy Physics and Nuclear Structure, Zurich, 1977, p. 225.Google Scholar
- 5.H.E. Jackson et al., Phys. Rev. Letters 39 (1977), 1628.Google Scholar
- 10.T. Mizutani, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Rochester (1975), Technical Report, UR--53 (1975)Google Scholar
- 11.A.W. Thomas, Ph.D. Dissertation, Flinders University (1973).Google Scholar
- 14.E. Moniz, Proc. Int. Conf. on Meson Nuclear Physics (Carnegie Mellon, 1976), p. 105.Google Scholar