Regulation, Feedback and Internal Models
In this paper we describe some recent developments in control theory, with emphasis on the problem of regulation and tracking. Our objective is to survey the key ideas in an intuitive fashion; for a rigorous treatment of the technical issues, the reader may consult the bibliography.
KeywordsInternal Model Global Attractor Output Regulation Internal Stability Signal Flow Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Findeison, W., F.N. Bailey, et al., 1980. Control and Coordination in Hierarchical Systems. Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Hepburn, J.S.A., 1981. The Internal Model Principle of Regulator Theory on Differentiable Manifolds. Ph.D. Thesis, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Toronto.Google Scholar
- Hepburn, J.S.A. and W.M. Wonham, 1981. The internal model principle of regulator theory on differentiable manifolds. Preprints, IFAC/81, Kyoto.Google Scholar
- Postlethwaite, I. and A.G.J. MacFarlane, 1979. A Complex Variable Approach to the Analysis of Linear Multivariable Feedback Systems. Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, No. 12, Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Rosenbrock, H.H., 1974. Computer-Aided Control System Design. Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Utkin, V.I., 1978. Sliding Modes and Their Application in Variable Structure Systems. Mir, Moscow.Google Scholar