Live Targets as a Tool to Study Short Range Phenomena in Elementary Particle Physics
In this paper the use of Silicon detectors as live targets in high energy physics is discussed. The development of this technique is being carried on by the group of Milan since 1968 in three different field of physics: coherent production on nuclei, short lifetime measurements, trigger on charm particles.
KeywordsSilicon Detector Recoil Energy Particle mUltiplicity Interaction Detector Charmed Meson
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.G. Bellini, Nuclei as tools to study the hadron-hadron collision in the future experiments at the Serpukhov accelerator and at the CERN SPS, in: “Multiparticle production on nuclei at Very High Energies”, G. Bellini et al., ed., ICTP, Trieste(1977).Google Scholar
- 3.P.F. Manfredi, Electronics for Silicon detectors in high energy experiments, in Proceedings of this Conference.Google Scholar
- 4.E. Albini et al., Use of nuclear targets in FRAMM experiment. Lifetime measurement on charmed mesons, NA1/79/7, Milano(1979).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Bellini et al., Live targets to measure heavy particle short lifetimes and to trigger on charm particles, Contribution to the “Workshop on fixed target physics”, FNAL, Batavia(1980).Google Scholar
- 6.Frascati, Milano, Pisa, Roma, Trieste coll., Photoproduction of vector and scalar bosons, Cern/SPSC/79–112 SPSC/M 203, CERN (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.E. Albini et al., A live target for measuring the lifetime of charmed particles, Contributed paper n.0795 to the “XX International Conference on High Energy Physics”, Madison(1980).Google Scholar
- 8.S.R. Amendolia et al., Semiconductor telescope as a high resolution vertex detector, NAl/80/03, PISA(1980).Google Scholar
- 9.Frascati, Milano, Pisa, Roma, Torino, Trieste coll., Evidence for DD diffractive photoproduction and future plans,Cern/SPSC/80–85 SPSC/M 247,CERN(1980).Google Scholar
- 10.LNF, Milano, Pisa, Roma, Torino, Trieste coll., Coherent Photoproduction of DD pairs and D-lifetime, in:”The Seventh Trieste Conference on Particle Physics”, IC/80/l27, Miramare-Trieste(1980).Google Scholar
- 11.CERN, Genoa, Milan, Moscow, British Omega photon Group, Test experiment on Charm Photoproduction in Omega Prime in order to study the performance of a special charm-decay detector,CERN/SPSC/ 80–02 SPSC/P137,CERN(1980).Google Scholar
- 12.G. Diambrini Palazzi et al., Memorandum on the 137 Test experiment, EP/GDP/AGV, CERN(1980).Google Scholar
- 13.CERN, Genoa, Milan, Moscow, British Omega photon Group coll., Preliminary results on the charm decay detector test in Omega Prime, Internal report of the Omega User Committee, CERN (1980).Google Scholar