Silicon “Multi Wire Proportional Chambers” and Their Applications in High Energy Physics Experiments
Solid state detectors have been extensively employed in the last twenty years in several fields of research, in particular in low energy nuclear physics and nuclear spectroscopy1. The reason for their large success being mainly their reliability and their operability as proportional counters. More recently silicon detectors have found applications in high energy physics experiments2, firstly in the study of nuclear coherent-incoherent reactions on silicon nuclei induced by high energy hadrons, later in a more original way, in a photoproduction experiment3.
KeywordsBias Voltage Silicon Detector Drift Chamber Solid State Detector Electric Potential Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.References concerning silicon detectors before 1966 can be found for instance in: G. Dearnaley and D.C. Northrop “Semiconductor Counters for Nuclear Radiation”. Spon — London 1966.Google Scholar
- 3.Evidence for DD̄ diffractive Photoproduction and future plans. Status report on NA1 experimental — CERN/SPSC/80–85, 5th September 1980 Evidence for DD̄ diffractive Photoproduction off Silicon. Talk delivered by E. Bertolucci at XX Int. Conf. on High Energy Physics. Madison (Wisconsin) — USA — 16–20 July 1980.Google Scholar
- 4.Semiconductor telescope as a high resolution vertex detector. Talk delivered by L. Bosisio at II Vézélay Workshop on EHS — 5th March 1980 — CERN/EP/EHS/PH 80–2. S.R. Amendolia, G. Batignani, E. Bertolucci, L. Bosisio, C. Bradaschia, M. Budinich, F. Fidecaro, L. Foà, E. Focardi, A. Giazotto, M.A. Giorgi, M. Givoletti, P.S. Marrocchesi, A. Menzione, D. Passuello, M. Quaglia, L. Ristori, L. Rolandi, P. Salvadori, A. Scribano, A. Stefanini and M.L. Vincelli — Nucl. Inst. and Methods 170 (1980), 449.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.S.R. Amendolia, G. Batignani, F. Bedeschi, E. Bertolucci, L. Bosisio, C. Bradaschia, M. Budinich, F. Fidecaro, L. Foà, E. Focardi, A. Giazotto, M.A. Giorgi, M. Givoletti, P.S. Marrocchesi, A. Menzione, D. Passuello, M. Quaglia, L. Ristori, L. Rolandi, P. Salvadori, A. Scribano, R. Stanga, A. Stefanini and M.L. Vincelli — Nucl. Inst. and Methods 176 (1980), 457.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.E.H.M. Heijne, L. Hubbeling, B.D. Hyams, P. Jarron, P. Lazeyras, F. Piuz, J.C. Vermeulen and A. Wylie — A Silicon surface barrier microstrip detector designed for high energy physics CERN/EF/BEAM 80–6 July 1980.Google Scholar