Use of a Multiscintillator Target for Elastic Scattering at High Energy
Part of the Ettore Majorana International Science Series book series (EMISS, volume 14)
A simple and compact apparatus for measuring elastic scattering on protons at small momentum transfer and high energies is described and results of preliminary tests are given.
KeywordsElastic Scattering Small Momentum Transfer Organic Scintillator Compact Apparatus Polarize Proton Beam
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.A. Derevchekov et al., Phys. Lett., 48B, 367 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.G.G. Beznogikh et al., Phys. Lett., 30B, 274 (1969).Google Scholar
- 3.G.G. Beznogikh et al., Phys. Lett., 39B, 411 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Kuroda et al., On the possibility of using a multi-scintillator target for small angle elastic scattering at high energies, EP Int. Rep. 79–1 (17 January 1979).Google Scholar
- 12.W. Melhop et al., Proc. Topical Seminar on High-Energy collisions involving nuclei, Trieste (1974) (Editrice Compositori, Bologna, 1975), p. 85.Google Scholar
- 13.P.L. Fabretti et al., Nucl. Phys. B158, 57 (1979).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Birsa et al., The Response of organic Scintillator as targets sensitive to slow proton recoils measured by neutron scattering, INFN/AE-7915, 24 dicembre 1979.Google Scholar
- 15.R. Birsa et al., Detection of small angle elastic scattering events at high energy based on a multi-scintillator target, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 16.S. Brehin et al., Proposition d’experiences: Etude de la diffusion Nucleon-Nucleon aupres de Saturne II, Mars 1979.Google Scholar
- 17.I.P. Auer et al., (ANL, LAPP, LBL, Rice University and Trieste Collaboration) Construction of polarized beams and an enriched antiproton beam facility in the Meson Laboratory and Experiments using such a facility, Fermilab Proposal N° 581 (January 27, 1978).Google Scholar
- 18.V.D. Apokin et al., (Annecy, CERN, Kyoto, Sangyo, Marseilles, Serpukov, Trieste, Vienna Collaboration), Study on spin effects at SPS energies using a polarized proton beam, CERN/SPSC/77–61/P87.Google Scholar
- 19.H. Azaiez et al., A scintillation target for calibration of high energy polarized proton beams, submitted to the 1980 International Symposium on High Energy Physics with Polarized Beams and Polarized Targets, 25 September — 1 October 1980, Lausanne (Switzerland).Google Scholar
- 20.N.H. Buttimore et al., Phys. Rev. D18, 694 (1978).Google Scholar
© Plenum Press, New York 1983