K+-Nucleus Inelastic and Charge Exchange Reactions
The novel features of kaons, combined with state-of-the-art advances in experimental capabilities, has stimulated growing interest and research activity (1–9) in kaon-nucleus phenomena. Although “kaon factories” have not yet emerged, “kaon shops”, such as the Brookhaven AGS accelerator, are producing data (9) and several new kaon facilities have been proposed. Measurements (9) have been recently performed of both elastic and inelastic (low-lying final states have been resolved) K±-nucleus cross sections from 12C and future experiments are planned.
KeywordsCharge Exchange High Spin State Transition Form Factor Charge Exchange Reaction Isospin Projection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C.B. Dover and P.J. Moffa, Phys. Rev. C16 (1977) 1087; see also C.B: Dover, Brookhaven Summer Study on Kaon Physics and Facilities, BNL, June, 1976.Google Scholar
- 2.G.E. Walker, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 21 (1976) 646.Google Scholar
- 3.S.R. Cotanch and F. Tabakin, Phys. Rev. C15, (1977) 1379.Google Scholar
- 4.R.D. Koshel, P.J. Moffa, and E.F. Redish, Phys. Rev. Lett. 39 (1977) 1319.Google Scholar
- 6.S.R. Cotanch, Phys. Rev. C18 (1978) 1941.Google Scholar
- 7.C.B. Dover and G.E. Walker, Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 23 (1978) 554 and Phys. Rev. C10 (in press).Google Scholar
- 9.E.V. Hungerford, private communication.Google Scholar
- 14.G.E. Walker, private communication.Google Scholar
- 16.G. Giacomelli, et al., Nucl. Phys. B71 (1974.) 138.Google Scholar