A New Formulation of N=8 Supergravity and its Extension to Type II Superstrings
A new extended supergravity theory in ten dimensions is formulated in terms of an unconstrained scalar light-cone super-field. Since this theory describes the massless sector of type II superstring theory, the formalism is then extended to fields that are functionals of strings superspace coordinates. In this way a field theory of superstrings is obtained. The theory is expected to be nonpolynomial, but so far it has only been constructed to order ĸ.
KeywordsClosed String Momentum Density Supersymmetry Algebra Super Gravity Massless Sector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Scherk and J.H. Schwarz, Phys. Lett. 57B (1975) 463Google Scholar
- J.H. Schwarz in “New Frontiers in High-Energy Physics,” Proc. Orbis Scientiae 1978Google Scholar
- A. Perlmutter L.F. Scott ( Plenum, New York, 1978 ) p. 431.Google Scholar
- 2.J.H. Schwarz “Superstring Theory,” Phys. Reports Vol. 89, No. 3, 1982 and references therein.Google Scholar
- 3.M.B. Green and J.H. Schwarz, Caltech preprint CALT-68–957, to be published in Phys. Lett. B.Google Scholar
- 4.M.B. Green and J.H. Schwarz, Caltech preprint CALT-68–956, to be published in Nucl. Phys. B.Google Scholar
- 5.M.B. Green, J.H. Schwarz, and L. Brink, Caltech preprint CALT-68–972.Google Scholar
- 7.N. Marcus and J.H. Schwarz, Phys. Lett. 115B (1982) 111.Google Scholar