This paper describes several methods that considerably speed up calculations of the travel times and amplitude of body waves by the ray method.
KeywordsRefraction Body Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gerver, M. L., and V. M. Markushevich, “Determining seismic-wave velocity from travel-time curves,” this volume, p. 123.Google Scholar
- 2.Azbel’, I. Ya., and T. B. Yanovskaya, “Approximation of velocity distributions for calculation of P-wave times and amplitudes,” this volume, p. 62.Google Scholar
- 3.Yanovskaya, T. B. (1966), “Algorithm for calculating reflection and refraction coefficients of head waves,” Computational Seismology, No. 1, Moscow, Nauka, pp. 107–111.Google Scholar
- 4.Yanovskaya, T. B., “Program for calculating travel-time and amplitude curves of body waves in a layered medium,” Problems of the Dynamic Theory of Seismic Wave Propagation, No. 6, pp. 87–93.Google Scholar
- 5.Alekseev, A. S., and B. Ya. Gel’chinskii (1959), “Ray method for calculating wave fields for inhomogeneous media with curvilinear interfaces,” Problems of the Dynamic Theory of Seismic Wave Propagation, No. 3, pp. 107–160.Google Scholar
© Consultants Bureau, New York 1972