Determining Seismic Profiles from a Set of Observations
This paper considers the inverse problem of seismology: to find a set of profiles for which the calculated characteristics of seismic wave propagation (travel-time curves, amplitude-distance curves, dispersion curves) agree with observations.
KeywordsSeismic Wave Dispersion Curve Rayleigh Wave Coarse Grid Seismic Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Azbel’, I. Ya., V. I. Keilis-Borok, and T. B. Yanovskaya (1966). “Method for joint interpretation of travel-time and amplitude curves in upper mantle studies,” Computaional Seismology, No. 2, Moscow, Nauka, pp. 3–45.Google Scholar
- 2.Yanovskaya, T. B. (1963), “Calculation of velocity profiles of the upper mantle as an inverse mathematical problem,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Geofiz., No. 8, pp. 1171–1178.Google Scholar
- 4.Yanovskaya, T. B., and I. Ya. Azbel’ (1964), “The determination of velocities in the upper mantle from observations of P waves,” Geophys. J. Roy. Astr. Soc., 8:313.Google Scholar
- 5.Rasstrigin (1965), Random Search Methods, Izd. Zinatne, Riga.Google Scholar
- 6.Andrianova, Z. S., V. I. Keilis-Borok, A. L. Levshin, and M. G. Neigauz (1965), Surface Love Waves, Moscow, Nauka [English translation: Seismic Love Waves, New York, Consultants Bureau, 1967].Google Scholar
- 7.Vil’kovich, E. V., A. L. Levshin, and M. G. Neigauz (1966), “Love waves in a vertically inhomogeneous medium (allowance for sphericity, parameter variations, and absorption),” Computational Seismology, No. 2, Moscow, Nauka, pp. 130–149 [English translation in: Seismic Love Waves, New York, Consultants Bureau (1967)].Google Scholar
- 8.Neigauz, M. G., and G. V. Shkadinskaya, “Method for calculating surface Rayleigh waves in a vertically inhomogeneous half-space,” this volume, p. 88.Google Scholar
- 10.Yanovskaya, T. B., and G. V. Golikova (1964), “Method and program for calculating P wave dynamics in the earth’s mantle,” Problems of the Dynamic Theory of Seismic Wave Propagation, No. 7, pp. 123–129.Google Scholar
- 11.Azbel’, I. Ya., and T. B. Yanovskaya, “Approximation of velocity distributions for calculation of P-wave times and amplitudes,” this volume p. 62.Google Scholar