The Breaking of the Efficiency-Stability-Production Barrier In Amorphous Photovoltaics
There are three key issues that challenge amorphous photovoltaics, namely, efficiency, stability, and production. In this paper we will review the current status of our amorphous photovoltaics at ECD in terms of these three issues and demonstrate how we have broken the efficiency-stability-production barrier.
KeywordsAmorphous Silicon Stainless Steel Substrate Material Research Society Symposium Proceeding Initial Efficiency Tandem Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S.R. Ovshinsky, in Proceedings of the International Ion Engineering Congress (ISIAT ‘83 & IPAT ‘83), p. 817, Kyoto, Japan (1983).Google Scholar
- 3.S.R. Ovshinsky, in Physical Properties of Amorphous Materials, ed. D. Adler, B.B. Schwartz, and M.C. Steele, p. 105, New York: Plenum Press (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.S.R. Ovshinsky, in Proceedings of the 18th IEEE PV Specialists Conference, p. 1365, Las Vegas (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Yang, R. Ross, R. Mohr, and J.P. Fournier, in Materials Research Society Symposia Proceedings, Palo Alto, CA (1986). In press.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Tsu, M. Izu, V. Cannella, S.R. Ovshinsky, G.J. Jan, and F.H. Pollak, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn, 49, Suppl. A, 1249 (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Tsu, S.S. Chao, M. Izu, S.R. Ovshinsky, G.J. Jan, and F.H. Pollak, in Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Amorphous and Liquid Semiconductors, Grenoble, France, 1981;Google Scholar
- 8a.J. de Physique, Colloque C4, Supplement au no. 010, 42, C4–269 (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Guha, in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Amorphous and Liquid Semiconductors, Rome, Italy, Sept. 2–6, 1985;Google Scholar
- 11.T. Hirobe, M. Katayama, Y. Shimada, T. Nagayasu, H. Oka, H. Izawa, H. Nanbu, N. Shiozaki, H. Morimoto, T. Takemoto, and N. Nakajima, in Proceedings of the 2nd International PVSEC, p. 471, Beijing, China, August 19–22 (1986).Google Scholar
- 12.J. Hanak, in Proceedings of the 18th IEEE PV Specialists Conference, p. 89, Las Vegas (1985).Google Scholar
- 13.J. Yang, T. Glatfelter, J. Burdick, J.P. Fournier, L. Boman, R. Ross, and R. Mohr, in Proceedings of the 2nd International PVSEC, p. 361, Beijing, China, August 19–22 (1986).Google Scholar
- 14.J. Lathrop and E. Royal, in Proceedings of the 2nd International PVSEC, p. 386, Beijing, China, August 19–22 (1986).Google Scholar