LEAR, Double-LEAR, Super-LEAR as Colliders
A glance is given at some proposals already forwarded for the use of LEAR as pp̄ collider. A double ring, with steel magnets, is proposed and related beams limitations are discussed. The implementation of 8 Tesla superconducting magnets is then envisaged and other relevant characteristic quantities are evaluated.
KeywordsElectron Cool Bunch Length High Energy Accelerator Tune Shift Short Bunch
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.P. Dalpiaz, Charmonium and Other Onia at Minimum Energy, Proc. Joint CERN-KfK Workshop on Physics of Low-Energetic Antiprotons, H. Poth, ed., Karlsruhe (1979), p.III.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Rubbia, Relativistic Electron Cooling for High Luminosity Proton-Antiprotons Colliding Beams at Very High Energies, Contributed paper to the Joint LBL-Fermilab workshop for high luminosity, high energy p-p colliding beams, Berkeley (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.U. Bizzarri, M. Conte, R. Scrimaglio, L. Tecchio and A. Vignati, High Energy Electron Cooling at LEAR, submitted for pubblication in Nuovo Cimento (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Zotter, Proc. 10th Int.Conf. on High Energy Accelerators, Protvino (1977), Vol. 2, p.23.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Plass (editor), Design Study of a Facility for Experiments with Low Energy Antiprotons (LEAR), Report CERN PS/DL 80–7 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Conte, Head-on Collisions in LEAR, CERN p-LEAR note 46 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.M. Conte and D. Moni, Electrostatic Separation of p-p Colliding Beams in LEAR, PS/DL/LEAR/Note 81–12 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Sands, The Physics of Electron Storage Rings, SLAC Report 121 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.L.J. Laslett, BNL Report 7534 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.H. Hahn, The Proton-Proton Colliding Beam Facility Isabelle, Proc. 11th Int.Conf. on High Energy Accelerators, Geneva (1980) p.47.Google Scholar
- 11.IEEE Transaction on Magnetic — MAG 17 (1981) (Special Issue Dedicated to Superconductivity).Google Scholar
- 12.E. Keil and W. Schnell, Concerning Longitudinal Stability in the ISR, CERN Internal Report ISR-TH-RF-69–48 (1969).Google Scholar